Friday, May 4, 2012

Preparing for a Unique Experience

As the team prepares for the experience of a lifetime, I am setting up my first blog.  I am Sushma Singhal.  I live in Maryland (just outside of Washington, DC) and work for IBM in Gathersburg, MD.

We have been having regular weekly conference calls for the past three month and completing required training in our own time.  This is a very busy time, continuing with project responsibility as well as intense training, assignments, and preparation for deployment.  


My air tickets were booked in Mid April, and I received my Visa around the same time. It took only two weeks to get my Visa after filing the application. I got my vaccinations too couple of days ago. My outbound flight to Nairobi is on May 31st from Dulles Airport and I will be arriving in Nairobi on June 1 at 10:30 PM local time. It's beginning to feel reality now!!

Kenya Flag
I am very proud to be part of a team of top performing colleagues from IBM, that would represent IBM in the Corporate Service Corps. 
I am very proud to be with a team of top performing colleagues from IBM, to represent our company in the Corporate Service Corps. 

IBM Corporate Service Corps is part of the Global Citizen's Portfolio (GCP) initiative announced by CEO Sam Palmisano.  It is a program to develop leadership skills while addressing economic challenges in emerging markets.  The Corporate Service Corps initiative involves IBMers who can contribute valuable and much-needed skills, talent, and capabilities in emerging market countries and help make an impact in that country.  The CSC provides a triple benefit.  IBM gains leaders with a broader range of skills that can function in a global context. The individual participant gets is a unique set of leadership opportunities and development experiences.  And communities get IBM’s best problem solving skills.

Kenya-5 team will be in Nairobi, Kenya, during June 2012 and our client is Eastern Africa Power Pool (EAPP), an Intergovernmental organization established in 2005 to facilitate cross border trade in Energy resources within Eastern Africa.


More information on following links:
News - Making a difference            

No comments:

Post a Comment